Nine questions for an optimist.
A conversation with Mark Stevenson
- Why did you write this book?
- How did you go about your research?
- What blew your mind?
- You’re a comedian. How did comedy and futurology first intersect in your life?
- With text messaging, twitter and social networking isn’t it too much? Do we need to stop watering things down to 140 characters and ‘get real’?
- Technology can make things easier, but doesn’t it also increase our distractions? How can we be efficient with so much extraneous information swirling around?
- The internet encourages niche data and our world is more divided than ever. How can ensure we get well-rounded, accurate information using today’s and tomorrow’s technology?
- What about the environment? What’s out there to help us save the planet, with us seemingly on the razor’s edge? Have we gone past the tipping point?
- You’re just a wishful thinking idiot aren’t you?